Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EST. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
Spend four nights at the Intercontinental Resort in San Juan for $599/person incl. airfare!
You can get up to 20,000 bonus AA miles when you fly non-stop between the US and Australia on Qantas!
And Virgin Atlantic is offering up to 15,000 bonus miles for all roundtrips through June 15! Thanks Gary!
For those of you that have an ExpertFlyer subscription (as a reward from Deal of the Day or otherwise), Lucky has a great post detailing how to set-up alerts for award space on the supported airlines!
The Frugal Travel Lawyer follows up yesterday’s post about car rentals, with seven free perks that VISA Signature cardholders can receive at over 800 luxury hotels!
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49