The following is a list of useful websites to check a credit card application status and also a series of numbers when looking to find out application status, inquire about increase in credit lines, credit analysts (reconsideration specialists), or retention specialists. I’ve compiled this list either through personal use or a bit of scouring at the request of others.
Bookmark this post and keep it handy when you’re applying for one card of a bunch of cards; either way, it’ll likely give you the answer to “Am I approved?” or “What do I have to do to get approved?”
If you have different numbers / other contact info or if any of this is incorrect from your experience please comment and I’ll update the post.
American Express Application Status: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do
877-399-3083 – New Accounts (rings direct to a human)
866-379-3643 – New Accounts (rings to a series of prompts)
800-230-1284 – Account Services (initial prompt for account #)
800-253-1709 – Account Services (initial prompt for account #)
800-962-7227 – Reconsideration
866-314-0237 – Reconsideration
Bank Of America
Bank of America Application Status: https://www5.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/application/decision.action
866-505-7481 – Personal
866-695-6598 – Business
888-232-0780 – Customer Care
866-408-4064 – Credit Analyst (Reconsideration)
866-369-1283 – Appeals (rings direct to a credit analyst)
866-567-9946 – Business Credit Analyst (Reconsideration)
Note: Capital One doesn’t take customer initiated calls regarding application status until you have received an answer via mail. They also do not take customer initiated calls for credit line increases.
800-951-6951 – Customer Relations
800-548-4593 – Application Status (automated)
800-625-7866 – Account Specialist
800-436-7927 – Application Status (automated)
Online Check (replace XXXXX with your application ID): https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do?applicationID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX&screenID=3187
888-201-4523 – Application Status
866-606-2961 – Application Status
800-444-2568 – Retention Department
800-763-9795 – Reconsideration
866-606-2787 – Credit Analyst
800-765-9795 – Credit Analyst
And to write in: CitiBank Executive Review Department, P.O. Box 6000, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
Discover Application Status: https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/displayStatusRequest
888-676-3695 – Reconsideration
866-219-0214 – Retention Department
HSBC Application Status: https://www.partnercardapply.com/status/hsbccreditcard
866-574-4421 – Application Status
866-551-0258 – Credit Analyst
866-280-0118 – Executive Resolution Unit
800-947-1444 - Application Status (Press Option 1)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95