Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- You can take Greyhound Express for $1 each way! These are direct city to city routes so you won’t have to stop in small towns. Dates are pretty limited though.
- If you’re a member of Pinterest, you could win a 3-night stay in Tokyo from American Airlines! The promo ends today and they only have 1,400 followers so you have a decent chance of winning!
- Lucky has a great post on how he values credit card points such as Chase Ultimate Rewards!
- The Points Guy’s destination of the week is Santa Fe, New Mexico. If you’re thinking about taking a trip there, it’s a great resource to have.
- If you like looking for flights on your iPhone, Starbucks has codes for free Kayak Pro apps. Not much, but if you’re at a Starbucks, it’s worth grabbing!
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Travelbandits with the details about the Fairmont credit card “The Fairmont Visa Signature Card — http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/”. I’ve been looking at this one for a little bit now … expect a review shortly. Similar benefits to the Hyatt card. Please contact me at email@example.com so we can get you your prize.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95