Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- You can take Greyhound Express for $1 each way! These are direct city to city routes so you won’t have to stop in small towns. Dates are pretty limited though.
- If you’re a member of Pinterest, you could win a 3-night stay in Tokyo from American Airlines! The promo ends today and they only have 1,400 followers so you have a decent chance of winning!
- Lucky has a great post on how he values credit card points such as Chase Ultimate Rewards!
- The Points Guy’s destination of the week is Santa Fe, New Mexico. If you’re thinking about taking a trip there, it’s a great resource to have.
- If you like looking for flights on your iPhone, Starbucks has codes for free Kayak Pro apps. Not much, but if you’re at a Starbucks, it’s worth grabbing!
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Travelbandits with the details about the Fairmont credit card “The Fairmont Visa Signature Card — http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/”. I’ve been looking at this one for a little bit now … expect a review shortly. Similar benefits to the Hyatt card. Please contact me at email@example.com so we can get you your prize.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49