I’m proud to announce our newest sponsor for Deal of the Day: TripAlertz. I just booked five nights in Aruba for the beginning of December. We’ll enjoy some time in the sun before we head to Australia for New Years.
TripAlertz.com is a private community of more than 10 million travelers worldwide, with member-only discounts on hotels and resorts of 20 to 67 percent off the leading public hotel sites. TripAlertz serves the custom needs of hotel partners by filling empty rooms in weaker occupancy periods, yet does not require “last-minute” booking to realize these great savings.
We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win a $50 TripAlertz credit (you’ll need a TripAlertz account – Free) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” (along with your first name, last initial, and airport) to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
Book a stay at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island $199/night and receive $600 of activities. Plus, if you book a hotel + air package of 4 nights or longer you can receive $250 in airfare credit or $400 when you stay 6 nights.
You can earn up to 6,000 bonus points from Priority Rewards by signing up and staying at one of their locations.
Lucky has a great post outlining how he chooses to use Starwood’s Cash + Points rate to make sure you maximize point value. (SPG’s cash & points is the my favorite redemption)
Air France has release their new 50% off award routes. For May-June you can travel on some routes for 50% off the usual award rate! Thanks Gary.
Some of the deals from this morning:
Adam K — 4500 free club Carlson points for signing up http://www.clubcarlson.com/privatePage.do?privateCode=EREWARDS — Promo code is: ERWD2012
AS With adult fare, kids fly for a penny on Seaport Airlines (K5). http://tinyurl.com/6mza2ft
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 Hertz Gift Card from AutoSlash is Taylor H. with the tip $15 off any domestic roundtrip Virgin America flight (pay $10 for a $25 voucher): http://tinyurl.com/8848dzb. Taylor, please email email@example.com to collect.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95