AutoSlash.com helps people save money on car rentals. They’re the only site that automatically applies coupons and lowers your rate when prices drop. If you book anywhere else, you’ll probably end up overpaying.
Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by AutoSlash and an opportunity to win a $50 Hertz gift certificate. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post to be eligible to win. Please also include your first name, last initial, and 3 letter airport code. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EDT. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Win an American or Delta lounge pass from Million Mile Secrets!
- American is having a 48 hour sale for flights to Brazil. There is a 7-night minimum stay so this will have to be a longer vacation, but according to AAdvantage Geek the savings are around $500 for a coach ticket.
- Delta is offering a 50% bonus on purchased miles.
- Here is this week’s Top 20 from Travel Zoo
- Win a 2-night Napa spa getaway courtesy of homerun.com
- JD, Den – Alaska Airlines is offering a sale on some of their new routes including $169 each way San Diego to Orlando and Portland to DC for $159. Use code EC3423 through 6/11/12 for an extra 5% discount.
- ASW – Get up to 50,000 United MileagePlus Award Miles with a new mortgage from Chase
- Marc W, JFK – There are still 2 days available to get a deeply discounted transportation voucher from Groupon for airport service within NY/NJ. The car service is operated by Eastern Car Service and offers various prices for LGA, JFK, and EWR. You can also put money toward a trip to Pennsylvania or Washington D.C.
Yesterday’s Winner of the One Year of Premium Service from ExpertFlyer is AngikS from ORD with the deal: Get $25 by Reloading the Amex Prepaid Card: Those who have had this card before 5/31, can automatically get $25 by reloading $200 or more on the card. Those who don’t have to load funds while getting a new card are http://www.americanexpress.com/prepaid. Angik, Please email email@example.com so we can get you your prize.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming!
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases