AutoSlash.com helps people save money on car rentals. They’re the only site that automatically applies coupons and lowers your rate when prices drop. If you book anywhere else, you’ll probably end up overpaying.
Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by AutoSlash and an opportunity to win a $50 Hertz gift certificate. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post to be eligible to win. Please also include your first name, last initial, and 3 letter airport code. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EDT. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Win an American or Delta lounge pass from Million Mile Secrets!
- American is having a 48 hour sale for flights to Brazil. There is a 7-night minimum stay so this will have to be a longer vacation, but according to AAdvantage Geek the savings are around $500 for a coach ticket.
- Delta is offering a 50% bonus on purchased miles.
- Here is this week’s Top 20 from Travel Zoo
- Win a 2-night Napa spa getaway courtesy of homerun.com
- JD, Den – Alaska Airlines is offering a sale on some of their new routes including $169 each way San Diego to Orlando and Portland to DC for $159. Use code EC3423 through 6/11/12 for an extra 5% discount.
- ASW – Get up to 50,000 United MileagePlus Award Miles with a new mortgage from Chase
- Marc W, JFK – There are still 2 days available to get a deeply discounted transportation voucher from Groupon for airport service within NY/NJ. The car service is operated by Eastern Car Service and offers various prices for LGA, JFK, and EWR. You can also put money toward a trip to Pennsylvania or Washington D.C.
Yesterday’s Winner of the One Year of Premium Service from ExpertFlyer is AngikS from ORD with the deal: Get $25 by Reloading the Amex Prepaid Card: Those who have had this card before 5/31, can automatically get $25 by reloading $200 or more on the card. Those who don’t have to load funds while getting a new card are http://www.americanexpress.com/prepaid. Angik, Please email email@example.com so we can get you your prize.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming!
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49