Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- You can stay at the Park Hyatt in Washington DC for $175/night which is at least 30% off the normal rate. There seem to be a lot of dates in July and if you don’t have an account you can sign up for JetSetter.
- The Points Guy is giving away 10,000 points to any partner of AMEX’s Membership Rewards or Chase’s Ultimate Rewards.
- The Frequent Miler has as great roundup of all the new Ultimate Rewards promos for June.
- The Points Guy’s destination of the week is Marrakech, Morocco!
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Jeremy with “Delta flights from JFK-IST are discounted for fall travel ($525 round trip, all-in). Lots of availability in October and November”. While this isn’t a mistake fare it’ll get you 10,000+ EQM with Delta … with Elite Status bonuses on Delta you could almost rack up a domestic round-trip ticket with this flight. Jeremy, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95