Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- You can stay at the Park Hyatt in Washington DC for $175/night which is at least 30% off the normal rate. There seem to be a lot of dates in July and if you don’t have an account you can sign up for JetSetter.
- The Points Guy is giving away 10,000 points to any partner of AMEX’s Membership Rewards or Chase’s Ultimate Rewards.
- The Frequent Miler has as great roundup of all the new Ultimate Rewards promos for June.
- The Points Guy’s destination of the week is Marrakech, Morocco!
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Jeremy with “Delta flights from JFK-IST are discounted for fall travel ($525 round trip, all-in). Lots of availability in October and November”. While this isn’t a mistake fare it’ll get you 10,000+ EQM with Delta … with Elite Status bonuses on Delta you could almost rack up a domestic round-trip ticket with this flight. Jeremy, please contact me at email@example.com so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49