Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Take a 10-night cruise to Alaska aboard Princess Cruises for just $799/person with upgrades to an oceanview room starting at $50.
- You can get $200 off a roundtrip international business class or first class ticket by using your American Express card. The FlyerTalk thread seems to indicate that there may be a $1000 minimum price.
- You can get lifetime Gold status from Star Alliance by becoming a gold status member of Aegean Airlines. Even better, Aegean is matching status for BMI elite members.
- Deals We Like has a great post on how to maximize the Marriott Gift card promotion by going through cash back sites.
- Enter to win a $3,000 Exploration Package through Scoutmob
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Jake with “SPG is sending some cardmembers an email offering complimentary tickets to Cirque du Soleil show and coctail event in Boston on July 11. Tickets are first come first serve after calling the number in the email. Individuals must show SPG card on arrival. If you’re interested and didn’t get the offer, it would still be worthwhile to call TODAY – “Tickets are available starting Thursday, June 7 at 3pm. Call 1-800-445-7374 to reserve your seat.”. Cirque du Soleil is never an inexpensive show and these tickets easily go for $100+. Great opportunity for SPG members in the Boston area. Jake, please contact me at email@example.com so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49