Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up some of our finds, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Take a 10-night cruise to Alaska aboard Princess Cruises for just $799/person with upgrades to an oceanview room starting at $50.
- You can get $200 off a roundtrip international business class or first class ticket by using your American Express card. The FlyerTalk thread seems to indicate that there may be a $1000 minimum price.
- You can get lifetime Gold status from Star Alliance by becoming a gold status member of Aegean Airlines. Even better, Aegean is matching status for BMI elite members.
- Deals We Like has a great post on how to maximize the Marriott Gift card promotion by going through cash back sites.
- Enter to win a $3,000 Exploration Package through Scoutmob
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Jake with “SPG is sending some cardmembers an email offering complimentary tickets to Cirque du Soleil show and coctail event in Boston on July 11. Tickets are first come first serve after calling the number in the email. Individuals must show SPG card on arrival. If you’re interested and didn’t get the offer, it would still be worthwhile to call TODAY – “Tickets are available starting Thursday, June 7 at 3pm. Call 1-800-445-7374 to reserve your seat.”. Cirque du Soleil is never an inexpensive show and these tickets easily go for $100+. Great opportunity for SPG members in the Boston area. Jake, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95