Katy and I know our credit scores are high enough to apply for cards. We are both in the unique situation of having many, if not all of the good card offerings. Although my inquiries with Experian are 19 within the last two years, I’ve been successful with 22 inquiries on my report in the past and I’m willing to charge ahead with a few more.
In today’s card environment, I do not believe we have an upcoming monster offer to wait for. I think most of the action from last year is over and what we see as far as offers as about as good as we are going to see in the near future.
I’ve pulled out my credit card zip lock bag and double checked with the card issuers to insure which cards I have had and how long ago I closed them. For me this is a clean up, spruce up, day filling in holes of things I’ve missed.
- The New INK Bold card – Chase bank says I’ve never had one. I know I had the old version and will now apply for the new version. Katy has hers in her pile and it makes sense for us to drive to the nearest Office Depot with two INK Bold cards instead of only one.
- Citi AA Two Browser Trick - I am currently holding only one AA card that I’ve had since the invention of electricity. Funding new checking accounts with this card again in the “good old days” paid for the next Around the World ticket. I’ve purposely stayed away from these cards in the past couple years. Two reasons: We have about 800K AA miles between us and I have always thought I was on their “special customer list” since opening and funding so many new checking accounts with my AA cards. I’ll soon find out if I’m still on that list.
- Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines card - I did the Bank of America version last time but forgot the Bank of Hawaii. I want to put together enough Hilton points for a 4 night stay at the old Rome Cavalieri (now a Conrad I think) and I need a few more Hilton points. The 1 to 2 conversion from Hawaiian miles will get me where I need to be as far as a Hilton balance is concerned. I always have a need for hotel points; this is a no-brainer for me.
- The Chase Fairmont Visa card – Pays two free nights with first year fee waived and $1000 minimum spend. This will turn into four free nights when Katy is approved as well. Looking at the available locations I’m guessing Maui will be our Fairmont of choice. Howie wrote about this card a few weeks ago.
- (and 6 maybe) – I’ve been thinning out the ranks of Barclay’s US Airways cards and Bank of America Alaska Airline cards with thoughts of doing these again. I was denied a new US Airways card last time with the reason being I had enough credit with the bank at that time. I’ve since closed several of those cards.
It is not an exciting or glamorous list but what I personally have available to me at this point. I’ll recheck my past closing dates with American Express in the next three months to see if I have any that were closed more than two years ago which will allow me to apply again as a new card member. I think I can probably get a new Marriott card next time around as well.
Katybug’s application day is next in line. Did you know that gal currently has 6 AA cards in her zip lock bag? Can you imagine that? I wonder how that happened
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day American Airlines AAdvantage® has provided 2500 AAdvantage® miles for the best deals, fares, promotions, anything related to American Airlines, their oneworld partners or AAdvantage® partners. Add it to the comments section of this post or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post (with your first name, last initial, and home airport) to be eligible to win.