With 3 1/2 months to go, we are moving close to a sellout for the largest gathering of travel crazies on the planet. As of yesterday there were less than 75 tickets left for the Chicago Seminars October 12-14 in Elk Grove, Illinois.
In fact, two of the seminar time slots are already sold out.
Session #6 Saturday 3-5PM Beginner Award Booking with Ben Schlappig SOLD OUT
Session #8 Saturday 6-7:30PM Advanced Q &A Mileage Runs and Award Booking with Ben and the Points Guy Brian Kelly SOLD OUT
This is your chance to mingle and network with oldtimers and rookies alike. Come meet the likes of Pudding Guy and Randy Petersen, Mommy Points and Daraius from Million Mile Secrets along with numerous other bloggers and experts in their fields of expertise. If you haven’t heard Beaubo speak, you are missing an opportunity to hear one of the guys that goes to any lengths and has done it all to acquire miles and points. This is the collection of the best of the best in our hobby. Come meet them all.
This is an all volunteer, non-profit event put on by our gang, for our gang with the hopes of spreading the knowledge we all have accumulated. Any left over funds will be donated to charity. There will be door prizes and gifts by our sponsors listed on the registration page. SkiAdcock will put on another value packed Charity Auction. And I imagine a cold beer or two will be had by all.
I look forward to seeing many of you again from previous years and hope to shake hands and say hi to the new guys and gals in the game as well.
See you in Chicago.
P.S.: I’ll be posting for volunteers in early August. Our pressing need right now is somebody with Audio/Visual experience (and maybe a projector) to help Cliff out with that Herculean task. If you are our number two AV guy, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day we have TripAlertz who is donating $50 in Trip Cash for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (make sure to include your first name, last inital, and home airport) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post to be eligible to win.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95