With 3 1/2 months to go, we are moving close to a sellout for the largest gathering of travel crazies on the planet. As of yesterday there were less than 75 tickets left for the Chicago Seminars October 12-14 in Elk Grove, Illinois.
In fact, two of the seminar time slots are already sold out.
Session #6 Saturday 3-5PM Beginner Award Booking with Ben Schlappig SOLD OUT
Session #8 Saturday 6-7:30PM Advanced Q &A Mileage Runs and Award Booking with Ben and the Points Guy Brian Kelly SOLD OUT
This is your chance to mingle and network with oldtimers and rookies alike. Come meet the likes of Pudding Guy and Randy Petersen, Mommy Points and Daraius from Million Mile Secrets along with numerous other bloggers and experts in their fields of expertise. If you haven’t heard Beaubo speak, you are missing an opportunity to hear one of the guys that goes to any lengths and has done it all to acquire miles and points. This is the collection of the best of the best in our hobby. Come meet them all.
This is an all volunteer, non-profit event put on by our gang, for our gang with the hopes of spreading the knowledge we all have accumulated. Any left over funds will be donated to charity. There will be door prizes and gifts by our sponsors listed on the registration page. SkiAdcock will put on another value packed Charity Auction. And I imagine a cold beer or two will be had by all.
I look forward to seeing many of you again from previous years and hope to shake hands and say hi to the new guys and gals in the game as well.
See you in Chicago.
P.S.: I’ll be posting for volunteers in early August. Our pressing need right now is somebody with Audio/Visual experience (and maybe a projector) to help Cliff out with that Herculean task. If you are our number two AV guy, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day we have TripAlertz who is donating $50 in Trip Cash for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (make sure to include your first name, last inital, and home airport) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post to be eligible to win.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)