Today we’re sponosored by AAdvantage®. We’ve put up a couple of our finds, but you have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, or fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EDT. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Gary points out that you can get up to 30,000 AA miles by signing up for a Citi checking account!
- You can get up to 5X AA miles when staying at Hyatt Hotels. Stays 2-3 offer 4X and stays 4-11 offer 5X.
- [Reminder] You can enter AA’s Summer of Half-a-Million Miles Sweepstakes for a chance to win 100,000 AA miles!
- Remember to register your credit cards to AAdvantage Dining as an easy way to earn 3-5 miles/$ spent at participating restaurants.
- You can get a 25% discount on purchased AA miles through August 31. It’s a great way to top off an account if you’re going for that special award.
- Hans – Great deals on American Airlines between JFK and LA for as low as $298 R/T for travel between Aug 22 and Oct 17.
- Michael D, DFW – AA Explorer Awards with the oneworld alliance
- ASW – American Airlines is having a One-Day Sale (today July 9th) for travel between New York (JFK) and São Paulo Brazil (GRU) for $422 each way
The winner from Friday’s Deal of the Day is Kathryn I – OKC with a tip: “This is a twist I learned … as you book award travel, if you have a variety of award programs to utilize remember the taxes and fees involved for award booking can vary between partners. The savings can add up significantly. Also the award availability can vary between the partners for the same date and destination. I discovered flights available using Asia Miles that weren’t available using American Airlines Advantage travel and vice versa. Doing a bit of homework and spending some time on the phone while booking award travel can be well worth it to get the dates you want and also to save money.”. Kathryn great tip for all of us to keep in mind. A little research and some effort can save hundreds of dollars. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your luggage tags and FlyerTalk hoodie (pick up your own FlyerTalk swag at the Cafepress FlyerTalk store).
The Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.