Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- [Targeted] You may be able to get a $25 certificate for every stay at a Priority Club hotel
- The Points Guy found some great fares on flights to Dublin for around $400 RT from Boston, New York, and others.
- Lucky explains the benefits of using an online shopping mall such as the Ultimate Rewards mall as a way to get over 4 points/$ when booking tickets when traveling! This is instead of the usual 2 miles that most cards give on travel.
- You could win a trip around the world from Air New Zealand!
- Win a trip to Rome for two or $4,000
- The Point Guy’s Destination of the Week is Cape Town, South Africa!
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Mike L from JFK with “Nyc to dublin $387 rt ai. I found several in November. But there are many in the low 400′s in Sept, Oct and Nov! “. Mike nice find, please email Howie at email@example.com so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49