Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Stay at the Atlantis on Paradise Island from $99/night with up to $350 in airfare credit per room!
- Chase has announced a new version of the Ink Bold card – the Chase Ink Plus! The Ink Plus is the same card as the Ink Bold, but it is a credit card instead of a charge card. This means that you can carry a balance if you want. It’s also a separate product – as far as I can tell – so you should be able to earn the 50,000 bonus points again. 25,000 points after first purchase and an additional 25,000 points after $10,000 spend within 3 months.
- Gary breaks down earning miles for car services and why using the new Uber car service is usually a better deal
- You can buy Starwood points for 20% off which brings the cost down to 2.8 CPP. Not great, but an easy way to top off an account.
- You can get 2,000 HawaiianMiles by signing up for NetFlix
- Win a 14-day cruise to Hawaii from Tommy Bahama
- New SkyMiles members (within last 30 days) can earn 40,000 bonus SkyMiles if you complete all five of the objectives laid out! Sadly, this is only open to new members.
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Kathie A. from SNA with “Virgin America’s 48 hour sale + 20% off”. While the sale ended yesterday there were some nice deals to be had. Kathie, please email Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases