Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Stay at the Atlantis on Paradise Island from $99/night with up to $350 in airfare credit per room!
- Chase has announced a new version of the Ink Bold card – the Chase Ink Plus! The Ink Plus is the same card as the Ink Bold, but it is a credit card instead of a charge card. This means that you can carry a balance if you want. It’s also a separate product – as far as I can tell – so you should be able to earn the 50,000 bonus points again. 25,000 points after first purchase and an additional 25,000 points after $10,000 spend within 3 months.
- Gary breaks down earning miles for car services and why using the new Uber car service is usually a better deal
- You can buy Starwood points for 20% off which brings the cost down to 2.8 CPP. Not great, but an easy way to top off an account.
- You can get 2,000 HawaiianMiles by signing up for NetFlix
- Win a 14-day cruise to Hawaii from Tommy Bahama
- New SkyMiles members (within last 30 days) can earn 40,000 bonus SkyMiles if you complete all five of the objectives laid out! Sadly, this is only open to new members.
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Kathie A. from SNA with “Virgin America’s 48 hour sale + 20% off”. While the sale ended yesterday there were some nice deals to be had. Kathie, please email Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49