Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Stay at the Atlantis on Paradise Island from $99/night with up to $350 in airfare credit per room!
- Chase has announced a new version of the Ink Bold card – the Chase Ink Plus! The Ink Plus is the same card as the Ink Bold, but it is a credit card instead of a charge card. This means that you can carry a balance if you want. It’s also a separate product – as far as I can tell – so you should be able to earn the 50,000 bonus points again. 25,000 points after first purchase and an additional 25,000 points after $10,000 spend within 3 months.
- Gary breaks down earning miles for car services and why using the new Uber car service is usually a better deal
- You can buy Starwood points for 20% off which brings the cost down to 2.8 CPP. Not great, but an easy way to top off an account.
- You can get 2,000 HawaiianMiles by signing up for NetFlix
- Win a 14-day cruise to Hawaii from Tommy Bahama
- New SkyMiles members (within last 30 days) can earn 40,000 bonus SkyMiles if you complete all five of the objectives laid out! Sadly, this is only open to new members.
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Kathie A. from SNA with “Virgin America’s 48 hour sale + 20% off”. While the sale ended yesterday there were some nice deals to be had. Kathie, please email Howie at email@example.com so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95