TripAlertz.com is a private community of more than 10 million travelers worldwide, with member-only discounts on hotels and resorts of 20 to 67 percent off the leading public hotel sites. TripAlertz serves the custom needs of hotel partners by filling empty rooms in weaker occupancy periods, yet does not require “last-minute” booking to realize these great savings.
Today we’re sponsored by TripAlertz. The deals we found are below, but you now have the opportunity to win a $50 TripAlertz credit (you’ll need a TripAlertz account — Free) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” (along with your first name, last initial, and airport) to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EDT. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- You can stay in Costa Rica for $99/night for two people with a 3-night minimum!
- Deals We Like has a new page that outlines all of the “free money” offers such as the Twitter/American Express promotions!
- Lucky has a great post about the best ways to convert AMEX MR and SPG points to Hilton at relatively decent levels as a way to increase your Hilton balance if necessary!
- You can get up to two free nights in a hotel by flying British Air to London from the US! Brian has a great breakdown of whether it’s a good deal or not.
- [Targeted]You may be able to get Hilton Gold Status by staying 4 times within 90 days.
Yesterday’s Winner of the 10 one time use Wi-Fi passes from Gogo is Thabraize Ahmed with Virgin Atlantic is currently having a promo where you can earn 65,000 Miles for their AMEX CC which translates to 130K Hilton Honors points. Signed up for the credit this afternoon and got approved after making a quick call.. This deal has come and gone and come back … grab it folks! Thabraize, please email email@example.com your mailing address so we can get the codes out to you.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95