First off, thanks to all of you that volunteer to help with this years seminar. It is an all volunteer event and any excess proceeds are donated to charity at the end of the accounting.
Here is where we need help:
- Set Up. We’ll start setting up sponsor tables and building the easels for the display boards around 3PM on Friday afternoon. Contact Rick on FT by PM to Frugal Travel Guy if you can assist there.
- Registration: We need four individuals on Friday from say 6 to 10PM to help Howie with registration and four more on Saturday morning from 7 to 8:30 AM. Contact Howie by email.
- We need Michigan Apples — “to and fro” brought a terrific selection of Wisconsin apples last year and its time for some Michigan ones this year. If you are driving from Michigan for the seminars and can pick up about 8 bushels of different varieties that would be greatly appreciated. Send a private message on FlyerTalk to Frugal Travel Guy and of course we will be paying for the apples. Thanks
- Balima and legalalien have volunteered to be our local Chicago contacts and help with the purchase of local materials and getting the logos on to the display boards. Howie will be in contact as he has the logos. Would each of you touch base with the ThePointsGuy to see if he needs any help with the Saturday night cocktail event? PM on FT should work.
- Skiadcock is running the charity raffle again and she needs volunteers. You may contact her by PM on FlyerTalk at skiadcock to offer assistance with this very important job. Thanks.
- DLouise37 is again handling the projectors and set up of the PowerPoint presentations. I believe we have an assistant for him this year but if you can lend a hand there, I know he would appreciate the backup. Dlouise37 by FT PM for that one.
- Speakers Please get your PowerPoint presentations to Howie before the event begins.
- Sponsors: Make sure Howie has your logo if he doesn’t already!
- Attention All Bloggers: One of the seminars is Ask the Bloggers and you are all welcome. I’ll need your name, blog name, and email address asap if you will be in attendance and want face time with your readers. I’m sure some of the questions will be quite interesting. As I don’t know how many will be there the format is still up in the air at this time. Get to me as soon as possible so I can get a head count. firstname.lastname@example.org will work for that one.
To all those attending and volunteering, thank you for making your event another success. Lots to learn, people to meet and fun to be had. If I missed anything send me a PM on FT at Frugal Travel Guy
A New Card Today??
I alluded to it several days ago on the Credit Cards forum on FT and ran a post on how to apply for business cards last night on the blog . Looks like this offer will be good until November 26, 2012.
This is indeed the card I’ve heard rumors about …
. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Get 50,000 Membership RewardsR points when you spend
$5,000 in the first three months of Card membership*
. Earn points even faster to get more rewards for your business
. 3X points on airfare | 2X points on advertising, gas, and shipping | 1X
points on everything else*
. One million rewards from over 500 brands
. 24/7 support for everything from identity theft to travel emergencies
. $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
. Introductory annual fee for Additional Gold Cards in the first year is $0;
then, $50 for the first Additional Gold Card and no fee for other Additional
. Terms & Restrictions Apply.
Read yesterday’s blog article if interested … here’s the link to The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN if you are so inclined to support the blog.
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day Gogo is donating 10 one-time use passes (up to $17.95 value each) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (make sure to include your first name, last inital, and home airport) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post to be eligible to win.