Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm ET. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- The Grand Hyatt Kauai is on sale for this fall at up to 45% off
- You can a $100 statement credit when you spend $1,000 dollars at Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
- The Points Guy has an update to the US Air Mileage Multiplier bonus where he purchased almost 50,000 miles for only 1.2 CPM!
- Remember to register for Hyatt’s Q3 promotion and earn up to 65,000 bonus points!
- Earn 1,200 SkyMiles by signing up for SkyMiles Dining and eating at and reviewing a restaurant within 30 days!
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 TripAlertz Trip Cash is Jeffrey L from RDU with “Upgrade the Hilton Amex to the Surpass and receive 50,000 bonus points after 3,000 spend. So…Hilton Amex 50,000 + Hilton Surpass 50,000 = 100,000 Hilton points!”. (looks like this one is targeted folks!) We’re checking to see if this upgrade will require a credit pull or if Amex will simply do the evaluation based on your current account standing. . Jeffrey, please email Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Trip Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49