TripAlertz.com is a private community of more than 10 million travelers worldwide, with member-only discounts on hotels and resorts of 20 to 67 percent off the leading public hotel sites. TripAlertz serves the custom needs of hotel partners by filling empty rooms in weaker occupancy periods, yet does not require “last-minute” booking to realize these great savings.
Today we’re sponsored by TripAlertz. The deals we found are below, but you now have the opportunity to win a $50 TripAlertz credit (you’ll need a TripAlertz account — Free) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” (along with your first name, last initial, and airport) to the comments tonight by 11:59pm EDT. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Travel Zoo has a 3-night stay in Las Vegas from $99 per person including air.
- Southwest is offering 25% off flights on the following days: 9/19, 9/26, 10/30, 10/31, 11/7, 12/1, 12/4, 12/5, and 12/11/12.
- In addition to offering 19% off for AAA members that I mentioned yesterday, Amtrak is also offering double points through November 16!
- Uber is giving away a free taxi ride up to $25 in NYC + $10 of credit towards their car service.
- You can get double miles on US Airways shuttle flights!
Yesterday’s Winner of the 10 one time use Wi-Fi passes from Gogo is Scott at milevalue with Roundtrip business class to Europe for $1,366 plus taxes on Star Alliance carriers buy purchasing 100k TACA LifeMiles. The first 40k are bought via this month’s 100% bonus for $600 for 20k and 20k free. The last 60k are bought by purchasing the ticket with the cash-and-miles option. This trick can be used to purchase any award on TACA’s chart (https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawards.aspx) for 1.37 cents per miles plus taxes and fees (no fuel surcharges, yes oneway awards). I am partial to the roundtrip biz to Europe, but there are other great deals like Hawaii in economy for under $600 roundtrip from anywhere in the continental US including your tiny east coast regional airport.. Scott, please email email@example.com your mailing address so we can get the codes out to you.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)