[The offers in this article are no longer up-to-date. For the most recent, please check out our card marketplace.] Citi is stepping up to bat with three limited-time offers in the affiliate channels. One closely mirrors an offer that is currently available elsewhere but without an offer page showing the terms and conditions. It is for the Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage MasterCard card offering 40,000 miles on $3,000 in spend within the first 3 months and another 10,000 miles if you spend $10,000 total in your first full year of membership.
The second new limited-time offer is for the Citi Thank You Preferred card offering 40,000 Thank You points total payable in two 20,000 point increments with the first earned on $3,000 in spend in the first 6 months and 20,000 more when you spend another $3,000 in the second six months. I did this last year when a similar offer was available. As a caution, you’ll need a reminder to pick up that second 20,000 points: put it in your phone calendar or somewhere to be assured to pick the card back up again.
Lastly, there’s a new CitiBusiness Thank You card offer. This offer is for 50,000 Thanks You points: 25,000 points after $3,000 of spend in the first 3 months and another 25,000 after another $3,000 spent within your second 3 months. Plus there’s no annual fee. The great thing about this card is that you receive 3 Thank You points per dollar on certain spends that update quarterly. Currently, the categories are Restaurants and Entertainment. Beginning in January, the categories will include Office Supplies.
It is really nice to see Citi step to bat with a couple decent offers. We need them back in the game for those OneWorld Around the World awards, or just to go see grandma for the holidays.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95