AirTran Airways A+ Rewards from Chase is now offering a limited-time bonus of 32 credits after a $2,000 spend within three months. This bonus has been floating around as a targeted offer, but it’s now been expanded to everyone. The previous AirTran card offered 16 credits after a $1,000 spend.
32 credits can take you far with AirTran. For 8 credits you can get a one-way ticket in coach and for 16 you can get a one-way business ticket. So this card gets you two round-trip tickets in coach, or one round-trip in business.
Additionally, and perhaps more exciting to some, AirTran credits can be transferred to Southwest in increments of 0.5. When you send over 16, you can get one award ticket.
Southwest flyers now have several credit cards to choose from, though they’re all from Chase. Yesterday, Chase released the Southwest Premier card which has a limited-time bonus of 50,000 points (depending on the fare, that’s enough for three round-trip tickets). As that card and the AirTran cards are both limited offers, these would be the ones to get while you hold off on the regular Southwest card, as that offer is not expected to expire.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)