Today we’re sponsored by AAdvantage®. We’ve put up a couple of our finds, but you have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, or fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- American has announced an awesome promotion for the last two months of the year! For non-elite members, you can earn double EQMs until December 31 plus double redeemable miles from November 16 to November 26. For elite members, you will earn double EQMs and redeemable miles until December 31!
- Until November 15, American is having its “Fall Sale” with flights from $52 each way.
- [Mileage Run] With the double EQM promo, you can fly from LAX to BWI for 2.2 CPM on American!
- Through November 15, American is offering a 33% bonus when purchasing miles!
- If you’re looking to donate to the Red Cross in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, you can earn up to 500 AA miles for your donation.
The winner from Thursday’s Deal of the Day is David H with: “JetBlue is offering 6 TrueBlue points per dollar donated to the Red Cross through jetbluegives.org. There’s a 2.9%+$0.30 paypal fee, but still a way to get TrueBlue points if you’re going to make a donation to the hurricane relief. $100 donation would cost you an extra $3.20 but get you 600 TB points.” David H please email email@example.com so we can get you your luggage tags and FlyerTalk hoodie (pick up your own FlyerTalk swag at the Cafepress FlyerTalk store).
The Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49