Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments by TOMORROW night at 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- United’s 20% off sale for award tickets to Europe ends today.
- Go on a 7-night cruise to the Caribbean for $499 per person in a balcony room. If you book today, you’ll also receive a $50 credit per cabin!
- Spend three nights in Cancun for $419 per person including airfare. The resort is also an all-inclusive resort!
- You can buy Amtrak points with a 30% bonus until December 31.
- Alaska Airlines is also offering a 30% bonus on purchased miles through December 21.
- If you find yourself a little short on Delta MQMs for the year and don’t have time to fly any more, you can buy up to 10,000 MQMs from Delta. However, they’re quite expensive at 10 CPM minimum so this is only for people who really can’t fly any more this year.
Tuesday’s Winner of the $50 cash from TopCashback.com is Robert E with “The five star Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino can be booked during the Christmas season at a cancellable nightly rate of $205 before taxes. It is available for $144 cancellable, before taxes, on Expedia.com. Apply Marriott’s Best Price Guarantee and the before tax rate from Marriot becomes $108. On Christmas Eve itself a cancellable room at the hotel booked on Marriott.com costs $125 before taxes. It is available for $88 cancellable, before taxes on Expedia.com. Apply Marriott’s Best Price Guarantee and the before tax rate is $66. Don’t forget to make the booking at Marriott.com via TopCashBack.com. And save at least 10% more by buying a Marriott Card gift card before you go: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum…“
Robert thanks for the tip lots of great fares to be had with the match by other airlines too. Please email Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
TopCashBack Referral Sign UP
TopCashBack just instituted a $10 per referral offer for new members through the end of the year. They offer the highest cash back of any site I have found on line including 6% on Walmart.com at present (gift cards excluded).
If you would like me to refer you I would appreciate the opportunity to do so. Just drop me an email with the heading TopCashBack and your email address to email@example.com. Then start your own chain of referrals and cash in for yourself.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49