For a couple years now we have had the Chairman’s Preferred link on our blog offering 40,000 miles on sign up. You were supposed to have Chairman status on US Airways to qualify but it was never really necessary.
Now Barclays is offering a 40,000 mile sign up bonus to everyone with their Premier World Mastercard and the ability to earn an up to an additional 10,000 miles with a balance transfer within the first 90 days of account opening. The balance transfer offer does nothing for me as they fee to transfer is prohibitive, BUT the 40K on signup is really worth two domestic round trips not just one. When you use the Barclays card to book your award tickets US Airways takes away 5000 miles from any award booking thereby reducing the round trip domestic award to 20K.
I love this 20K award and the added benefits of the card which include:
- One lounge pass first year
- Two $99 companion certs every year
- Double miles on US Airways flights and priority boarding
The annual fee is $89 but for two domestic tickets from a card issuer we don’t often get to use, take a look at this one.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)