Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments by TOMORROW night at 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- The W Hotel Store is having a 40% off sale including its famous bed when you use code: W4K9X
- Take a 7-night cruise on Holland America for $699 per person in a balcony stateroom
- Virgin America is giving away free lounge passes for its new Virgin America Loft in LAX
- Starwood has announced its Q1 promotion and you can earn up to 18,000 bonus points. You can text PWRUP to 44264 and they’ll automatically remind you when the registration opens up
- Get triple Choice Privileges points starting with your second stay between December 13 and February 20
Tuesday’s Winner of the $50 cash from TopCashback.com is Tim with the tip “There’s a searchable database of which Spending categories many individual merchants fall into. Some of them are a little surprising, like my local liquor superstore is classified as a grocery store. There are also some surprising stores classified as office-supply stores. This could be useful for figuring out which card To use based on bonus categories. The website also can tell you what level of data about your purchases is reported back to Visa, And presumably back to the issuing bank.”. Tim thanks for the tip, please email Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your Cash.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95