Funny thing about that title is that Sara (my better half) actually ran a 5k this morning. Me, on the other hand, am on another mileage run. Last month it was Delta to Istanbul, and today it is American from New York to Maui, Hawaii … but this time I won’t even leave the airport. In fact I’ll be taking the same plane back from Maui that I’m taking to Maui. My routing this weekend helps me get to Executive Platinum with American Airlines … but am I crazy?
Hey, I gotta get back for work on Monday, and I’m having dinner with my grandparents Monday night; can’t disappoint Nana (else I may get a bar of soap in my mouth). Right now I’m hanging out in the C19 Admiral’s Club at DFW, after my first of six flights. It was the only flight that didn’t clear for an upgrade to first prior to checking in … but I got the upgrade at the gate.
Meal wise the LGA-DFW flight had a filet of beef salad with udon noodles. It was a fantastic meal and overall quite healthy to what we’d normally expect. Way to go American. Oh, I still haven’t gotten used to the hot nuts thing. Delta only does this on premium routes so I never expect it, but whether or not I want the nuts (or the warm cookie at the end of meal service) they’re very nice touches … and they are memorable.
I’ll get some coffee and macadamia nuts to bring back and should get through a good chunk of work on these flights (and hopefully some sleep on the 763 to/from Maui)
Tis the season to run for miles! Happy and Safe Travels everyone
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)