Funny thing about that title is that Sara (my better half) actually ran a 5k this morning. Me, on the other hand, am on another mileage run. Last month it was Delta to Istanbul, and today it is American from New York to Maui, Hawaii … but this time I won’t even leave the airport. In fact I’ll be taking the same plane back from Maui that I’m taking to Maui. My routing this weekend helps me get to Executive Platinum with American Airlines … but am I crazy?
Hey, I gotta get back for work on Monday, and I’m having dinner with my grandparents Monday night; can’t disappoint Nana (else I may get a bar of soap in my mouth). Right now I’m hanging out in the C19 Admiral’s Club at DFW, after my first of six flights. It was the only flight that didn’t clear for an upgrade to first prior to checking in … but I got the upgrade at the gate.
Meal wise the LGA-DFW flight had a filet of beef salad with udon noodles. It was a fantastic meal and overall quite healthy to what we’d normally expect. Way to go American. Oh, I still haven’t gotten used to the hot nuts thing. Delta only does this on premium routes so I never expect it, but whether or not I want the nuts (or the warm cookie at the end of meal service) they’re very nice touches … and they are memorable.
I’ll get some coffee and macadamia nuts to bring back and should get through a good chunk of work on these flights (and hopefully some sleep on the 763 to/from Maui)
Tis the season to run for miles! Happy and Safe Travels everyone
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95