Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments by TOMORROW night at 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Take an 11-night transatlantic cruise for $399 per person on Norwegian.
- TripAlertz has a Midtown Manhattan hotel for $155 per night or less!
- [Mileage Run] Fly from SEA to PHL for as low as 3.9 CPM on United!
- If you’re looking to go skiing this winter, Costco has discounted lift tickets at various locations.
- You can earn up to 1,000 bonus points per night from Priority Club
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 Amex GC from AwardWallet.com is Michele Q from ORD with “SJC- OGG [Maui] $250 RT (Hawaiian air) thru Feb 14th”. Michelle thanks for the tip please email Howie at email@example.com so we can get you your gift card.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49