My first international first class experience was on Thai Airlines to and from Bangkok and Sydney. It was part of an award from the US on United Business Class to Bangkok and then onward to Sydney in First Class.
Here are the memorable parts of the experience:
- Katy got a massage in the Royal Orchid Lounge.
- We sat at a table in Bangkok while they checked us in.
- A golf cart drove us to the lounge and on the return picked us up at the plane and drove us to immigration.
- I was supposed to be impressed with a bottle of Dom “something or other” offered on board. Interesting how they presented the bottle with the label pointing directly at us. We don’t drink and could have cared less.
And here is what really mattered:
- The food was no better than United Business Class.
- The entertainment selections were about the same.
- I slept soundly in both business and first class.
I’m a three star kinda guy. Always have been. Always will be. First Class meant nothing special to either of us. It just cost a few more miles.
I know there are a bunch of you that get all hepped up over that stuff. I’ll try to stay out of your way by booking business class as my first option. But if the miles difference is not that great and all I can get is First Class, I guess I’d paid the extra miles to get the dates and flight times I wanted.
To me, it was no big deal. I’ve got two sets of First Class pajamas still in the wrapper (Size XL) and two First Class Amenity kits from Thai Airlines to give away.
Comment in the blog for the giveaway about your experiences in International First Class. We’ll use random.org to give the stuff away and I’ll pay the shipping. (US only.)
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day American Airlines AAdvantage® has provided 2500 AAdvantage® miles for the best deals, fares, promotions, anything related to American Airlines, their oneworld partners or AAdvantage® partners. Add it to the comments section of this post or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post by 11:59PM ET (with your first name, last initial, and home airport) to be eligible to win.