The final in our three-parter is execution (Educate and Encourage were Part 1 and Part 2). If we’ve done right now, we’ve got someone excited to travel and they understand that it can be done. We’re playing T-ball here; now we just need to make sure they focus, swing hard, and follow through. As their coach we need to be side-by-side.
Use a checklist and run through it. You’ll thank yourself as will your “subject” when they go to do this on their own. Registered in their programs (which are being tracked by AwardWallet) it is go time.
- Sign up for all promotions, apply for the requisite credit cards, and create a to-do list and timeline of events.
- Use a spreadsheet or manila folders (Rick’s technique) to track it all.
- When do those hotel stays need to be done to rack in the bonus points?
- What are the minimum spends and dates they need to be done on the credit cards?
- How long does it take for points to transfer to the programs we’re looking to use?
- What backup plan if any do we have? (yes, gotta have a backup plan!)
This isn’t rocket-science folks, but it requires a little dedication and focus. I’d love to hear your stories of how you help your family / friends and what approach you take. We’re the crazy ones here… how do we make it seem as though we’re not nuts???
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day TopCashback is donating $50 cash (to be deposited to your TopCashback.com account) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (along with your First Name, Last Initial, and Airport Code) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post by TODAY at 11:59pm ET to be eligible to win. That gives you two days to win!