Last week I reviewed how you can transfer points between Marriott Rewards accounts. Conveniently Sara and I each picked up a Chase Marriott Rewards cards in during the fall which netted us each 50k points. I don’t typically stay with Marriott, but diversity is key in this game.
I had no intentions in staying with Marriott on our upcoming trip, but a change in our flights left us with an unexpected night in Hong Kong. Combining those points we’ve got a night at the tallest hotel in the world, the Ritz Hong Kong.
The biggest point surprise for us in 2012 was Club Carlson. I still have yet to redeem a single point in the program but am sitting with over 350,000 points in my account thanks to some consolidation among my family members.
With the exception of combining Ultimate Rewards points, which can be done online (albeit some limitations / disclaimers), transferring Club Carlson points is as easy as it gets.
To transfer points simply call Club Carlson Customer Service, provide your account information and the name and account number you’d like to transfer to. The only way we’ve done it is have the person whose account the points are coming out of make the call. Points transfer are immediate. No fees, no hassle. While I’ve just transferred within my family, there are no restrictions currently on address, name, etc.
In my book ability to use points where and when is still my number one priority when looking at an award program, but right on its heels are the flexibility of those points. Club Carlson gets an A in my book here. They’d get an A+ if I could do the transfer online, but I don’t mind a phone call, especially as every time I’ve called the folks are quite pleasant.
Want to really maximize your investment in this program?
- Sign up for the Club Carlson Q1 2013 Promo (3x points)
- Grab a few of the Club Carlson Credit Cards issued by U.S. Bank
I’m on a transfer kick … Starwood you’re up next. Then, Hilton (well, not directly, but indirectly in what I think is one of the best ways to earn Hilton points.)
Where will I finally use those Club Carlson points? Not sure yet
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day TopCashback is donating $50 cash (to be deposited to your TopCashback.com account) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (along with your First Name, Last Initial, and Airport Code) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post by TODAY at 11:59pm ET to be eligible to win. That gives you two days to win!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)