Starwood Preferred Guest points, or SPG as we tend to call them … the most valuable point out there. Highly redeemable, highly convertible (to other programs), and highly transferable They’re not quite as fluid as Marriott or Club Carlson points, but if you’ve got the same address, transfer away!
Official link to Transfer SPG Points between accounts. Some things to note:
- Sender and recipient must have the same address listed in their SPG Profile for at least 30 days
- If you are a Starwood Vacation Owner (SVO) you can transfer to other SVO’s regardless of address
- There are no limits to points transfers or number of times you transfer
- Transfers may take up to 5 business days to complete
I’m not going to go into the virtues of the SPG program and the SPG credit cards from American Express, but here are some posts worth a read:
- Hotel Programs – Starwood Part 1
- Hotel Programs – Starwood Part 2
- Starwood Preferred Guest Program Overview
- Starwood Preferred Guest Hotel Picks
- Starwood Preferred Guest Cash And Points Redemption
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day TopCashback is donating $50 cash (to be deposited to your TopCashback.com account) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (along with your First Name, Last Initial, and Airport Code) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post by TODAY at 11:59pm ET to be eligible to win. That gives you two days to win!