This’ll be the final post in the series on combing hotel points between accounts. Unlike airline miles, consolidating hotel points can be relatively easy. Some restrictions but for most cases you can do it for free and quickly.
So far I’ve covered:
- Combining SPG points between accounts (Westin, Sheraton, Le Meridien, St Regis, W, etc)
- Combining Marriott Rewards Points (Marriott, Ritz Carlton, etc)
- Combining Club Carlson Points (Radisson, County Inn & Suites, etc)
- Combining Hyatt Gold Passport points (Hyatt, Andaz, Park Hyatt, etc)
In looking at the major hotel programs in the US that I’m personally interested in, the two that charge you are Priority Club and Hilton. Priority Club / ICH I’m not going to go into detail with because even though I am a Platinum / Ambassador via Credit Card and Purchased, they charge you $5 per 1000 points transferred. Want to stay at a top Intercontinental you’re looking at $250 in transfer fees; no thanks.
Hilton charges $25 per 10,000 points transferred up to the first 200,000 points per calendar year and free after that. … or $.0025 per point transferred for a total max of $500 in fees annually. Ok, not the best, but better than PC.
That said, if you ignore the actual points in a Hilton account and just want to accummulate a mass of them you can focus on Hawaiian Airlines and transfer / consolidate within the airline … and then move to Hilton. Here we go:
- Get the Bank of America Hawaiian Airlines Card
- Get the Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines Card
- Have Spouse / friend / etc get the same 2 cards
- Contact Hawaiian airlines at 877-HA-MILES and have them transfer Hawaiian miles to your account. Hawaiian Airlines Visa Signature cardholders can do this. The person receiving the miles must have the credit card
- Transfer X Hawaiian Airlines miles to Hilton Points in 5000 point increments (call that same 877 number)
- Get an American Express Hilton Credit Card (AXON award access)
- Get a Citi Hilton Reserve Credit Card (2 free weekend nights and free gold status … free breakfast and Internet)
I only add #6 because with the Amex Hilton you’ll get a bump in Hilton points AND you’ll have access to AXON award inventory. I add #7 as you’ll get instant Hilton Gold status (Free breakfast & Internet) AND 2 weekend award nights AND access to GLON award inventory. AXON and GLON are reduced point awards through Hilton.
Me personally, I’m not a big Hilton guy … but come on, 4 cards and you’ve got a massive amount of points, a solid middle tier status, and if you’re a couple you’ve got 10+ days at a top Hilton family property anywhere in the world!
Oh, and if you want you can also get a Fast Track to Gold Status with Hilton for easily under $400 and no credit inquiry. (a room can be had for under $100/night)
Also, get double points through March 31st on any of those stays too with Hilton’s Q1 2013 double points promotion
Deal of the Day
For today’s Deal of the Day TopCashback is donating $50 cash (to be deposited to your TopCashback.com account) for the best overall travel deal submitted. A great mileage run, mistake fare, partner promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of this post (along with your First Name, Last Initial, and Airport Code) or this afternoon’s Deal of the Day post by TODAY at 11:59pm ET to be eligible to win. That gives you two days to win!