AwardWallet is the the #1 miles and points tracker. Everyone here at FrugalTravelGuy uses it to keep track of our points and miles; both at home and on the road with their iPhone app and Android App too.
Here are our finds for the day. If you’ve got a great fare, mileage run opportunity, promo, new card sign-up offer, or the special twist you figured out on a deal today add it to the comments section of the post to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” (along with your first name, last initial, and airport) to the comments tonight by 11:59pm Eastern to be eligible to win a $50 Amex Gift Card from AwardWallet. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Similar to yesterday’s United deal, you can get bonus points for signing up for the New York Times for only $0.99. You can get up 1,300 Southwest points or 1,000 Delta SkyMiles.
- [Mileage Run] Fly from NYC to HNL for less than 4 CPM on United and a little about 4.2 CPM on Delta.
- Hilton has announced some changes that will be happening to their award chart starting March 28. Some properties will be going up by 45,000 points PER NIGHT so make sure to check out the changes and make any reservations before March 28.
- Enter to win a trip for two to the 2014 Oscars!
- Here’s this week’s Top 20 from Travel Zoo.
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 from TopCashBack is Wander L from SAN with the deal “Up to 50% fewer miles for Miles & More award tickets. Lufthansa and Austrian award tickets (economy and business class) on sale from several US cities to Europe. Must book by Feb 28 for round-trip travel by March 16, 2013.”. Please contact Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your $50 deposited.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49