Today our Deal of the Day is sponsored by FlyerTalk and an opportunity to win a FlyerTalk men’s or woman’s hoodie and a FlyerTalk luggage tag. You can pick up your own FlyerTalk swag too. We’ve put up what we’ve found, but you now have the opportunity to win for the best overall travel deal submitted. A fantastic fare, new promo, mileage run, mistake fare, hotel promo, new card sign-up offer, or a twist you figured out on a deal today. Add it to the comments section of the post (with your first name, last initial, and airport) to be eligible to win. Just add your “find” to the comments by TOMORROW night at 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- Here is a list of the Starwood hotels that are changing categories on March 5. As long as you book your stay by March 4, you’ll be able to reserve at the current rate.
- Stay in a balcony on one of the two largest cruise ships for $849 per person plus receive up to $450 in extras per cabin. There are additional taxes that vary depending on date.
- Visit the Hotels.com Facebook page and receive a coupon that’s for anywhere between 5% to 50% off!
- [Mileage Run] Fly from BDL to LAS for as low as 4.2 CPM on United.
- You can earn double Delta miles on flights between JFK and Santiago (STI), Santo Domingo (SDQ), and Port-au-Prince (PAP).
Yesterday’s Winner of the $50 Amex GC from AwardWallet.com is Spencer F from LAX with “Jetblue is doing a 20% off sale for flights between May 1-23 (use code SPRING20) and 15% off sale for flights between May 28-June 19 (use code SPRING15). Must book today (Feb. 20) and all legs must be traveled inside the respective travel windows.”. Spencer, please email Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your gift card.
Thanks to everyone that submitted a deal / tip, keep them coming.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95