Sunday Success Stories are some of my favorite posts. They prove to all that we can travel the world at prices we all can afford. If you have a Success Story you’d like to tell us all, please email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I redeemed 49,000 SPG points for a three night stay at the Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa. These points were accumulated via bonuses I received from the SPG Amex card as well as two Facebook promotions I participated in two summers ago.
- I redeemed 100,000 for two one-way first class tickets (on a three cabin flight) on United Airlines from DCA-IAH-HNL. I got these points from bonuses with the Visa Explorer Card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, and miles I had accumulated over the past two years while traveling for work. My companion was blown away by the concept of being served an ice cream sunday in the air
- I redeemed 100,000 points for two one-way business class tickets on American Airlines from OGG-DCA. I got these points using the two browser trick method for the CITI AA Visa and MasterCard.
- I redeemed 110,000 Marriott points for 2 nights at the JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort and Spa (this was our favorite hotel by far. It was simply amazing in every way and our view was spectacular). I got these points from a signup bonus with the Marriott Visa, a Marriott Business Visa Card, and 10,000 points transferred to my account from my traveling companion.
- In Hawaii we spent $1,400 on food, rental cars, snorkeling, tourist attractions, and two one way flights from HNL-OGG on Hawaiian Airlines.
- On the way back from Hawaii, we were informed by AA that they were overbooked and were told that we could either be bumped, take a voucher, and fly out three hours later, or sit in coach (we were booked in business first) and huff it back to DCA. Needless to say, we each chose to take an $800 voucher from AA (and I even convinced the lady to give us meal vouchers for the airport).