It’s tax time again and while gathering all the documents for the accountants I came across the 1099 forms from the sale of the Frugal Travel Guy Handbook in tax year 2012. I’m pleased to announce that your purchases of the little handbook mean another year’s donation to the Wounded Warriors Project of $3,270 for 2012. It may not seem like a huge sum, but every penny counts, and all of you that purchased the handbook have helped in your own way make life just a bit easier for one of our own. I hope the handbook got you started with some basics in this fascinating hobby and made the entry just a bit easier on all of you.
In Case You Haven’t Noticed
We have two more authors contributing to the Frugal Travel Guy blog. Christine Krzyszton, from my hometown of Traverse City, Michigan, has written her tales of adventure titled How to See the World in a Weekend which chronicles her adventures around the globe on short duration hops to exotic lands using her tips and tricks in this hobby. You have got to read her China toilet adventure. Katybug can so relate and I laughed out loud.
And Andy Shuman has a book titled The Lazy Travelers Handbook which passes on his methods of earning and using frequent flyer miles and hotel points for free travel. The shorter pieces are called Hilton Secrets Revealed and Fly Me to Atlantis which cover those specific topics in greater detail and require a smaller investment of time and money. If Atlantis in the Bahamas is your goal or Hilton is your hotel chain, give those two short subjects a read.
For the last couple of months, we’ve also had the Mile High Canuck writing. He’s been a great addition to the blog too.
Between myself, Howie, Bryce and these great new additions, rest assured we’ll keep you abreast of the latest trends and deals so you can see the world at prices you can afford.
You can do this. We have.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)