While American Express is an advertising partner of FrugalTravelGuy, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information.
[EXPIRED] The sky isn’t falling, but the 75,000 point offer for the American Express Business Gold card is back! The offer requires a higher spending requirement this time – $10,000 within the first 4 months of card membership. It’s the highest bonus American Express offers for this card, so if you missed out on the last round and need the points, you’re in luck. With big sign-up bonuses deemed unsustainable by the banks, it makes sense to get in on these offers when they come along.
The card comes with an annual fee of $175, which is waived the first year. The card pays out the following amounts:
- 3 points per $1 on airfare purchased directly from the airline
- 2 points per $1 on advertising, shipping, and gas
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
A great perk of Membership Rewards points is the ability to transfer points to their travel partners. Membership Rewards frequently runs promotions, offering bonus points for transfers. See this post by The Points Guy for a history of Membership Rewards points transfer bonuses.
It’s best to have a credit score above 700 when applying for cards like the American Express Business Gold.
The link provided in this post comes from an ebay page and is not the official public offer. For safe measure, take a screenshot of the landing page if you decide to apply.
Did you miss out or take advantage of the previous 75k promo? Are you going to apply for the card this time around?
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases