While American Express is an advertising partner of FrugalTravelGuy, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information.
[EXPIRED] The sky isn’t falling, but the 75,000 point offer for the American Express Business Gold card is back! The offer requires a higher spending requirement this time – $10,000 within the first 4 months of card membership. It’s the highest bonus American Express offers for this card, so if you missed out on the last round and need the points, you’re in luck. With big sign-up bonuses deemed unsustainable by the banks, it makes sense to get in on these offers when they come along.
The card comes with an annual fee of $175, which is waived the first year. The card pays out the following amounts:
- 3 points per $1 on airfare purchased directly from the airline
- 2 points per $1 on advertising, shipping, and gas
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
A great perk of Membership Rewards points is the ability to transfer points to their travel partners. Membership Rewards frequently runs promotions, offering bonus points for transfers. See this post by The Points Guy for a history of Membership Rewards points transfer bonuses.
It’s best to have a credit score above 700 when applying for cards like the American Express Business Gold.
The link provided in this post comes from an ebay page and is not the official public offer. For safe measure, take a screenshot of the landing page if you decide to apply.
Did you miss out or take advantage of the previous 75k promo? Are you going to apply for the card this time around?
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49