While American Express is an advertising partner of FrugalTravelGuy, the opinions and beliefs in this article are those of the author alone, who makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information.
[EXPIRED] The sky isn’t falling, but the 75,000 point offer for the American Express Business Gold card is back! The offer requires a higher spending requirement this time – $10,000 within the first 4 months of card membership. It’s the highest bonus American Express offers for this card, so if you missed out on the last round and need the points, you’re in luck. With big sign-up bonuses deemed unsustainable by the banks, it makes sense to get in on these offers when they come along.
The card comes with an annual fee of $175, which is waived the first year. The card pays out the following amounts:
- 3 points per $1 on airfare purchased directly from the airline
- 2 points per $1 on advertising, shipping, and gas
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
A great perk of Membership Rewards points is the ability to transfer points to their travel partners. Membership Rewards frequently runs promotions, offering bonus points for transfers. See this post by The Points Guy for a history of Membership Rewards points transfer bonuses.
It’s best to have a credit score above 700 when applying for cards like the American Express Business Gold.
The link provided in this post comes from an ebay page and is not the official public offer. For safe measure, take a screenshot of the landing page if you decide to apply.
Did you miss out or take advantage of the previous 75k promo? Are you going to apply for the card this time around?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95