A new hotel booking site was recently launched called Deal Angel. It has an interesting take on how it goes about finding hotels.
According to its website, Deal Angel is the first “hotel find engine” – it helps readers find deals. It not only takes into account a hotel’s rating, location, and other features, but it also looks at a hotel’s particular pricing in the past.
For instance, if a 4-star hotel is normally $50 above the average 4-star rate, but is $25 cheaper for a certain date, Deal Angel will alert you to that hotel and show that it’s a $75 savings over the normal rate.
On the Deal Angel site, you can filter the hotel results by the amount of savings. For example, I searched for a hotel in New Orleans this Labor Day and it showed several different hotels along with the respective savings.
Like other hotel booking sites, you can have all sorts of filters such as the star-ratings, user-ratings, different amenities, and prices. You can also search by area. For instance, above I have Deal Angel show me 4- and 5-star hotels with savings of more than $30 in the Downtown area.
Another cool feature of Deal Angel is that it features a calendar with average rates for each night. Deal Angel has a great color coding system that makes it easy to see which nights are cheaper than others.
As you can see, it’s super cheap to go to New Orleans in August – probably because it’s a million degrees and extremely humid! Other sites offer this same feature, but I think that Deal Angel’s execution is the best I’ve seen yet.
When you finally choose the hotel you want, Deal Angel offers a number of different options to book your room. It supports several popular booking sites such as Hotels.com and Expedia, but it also has lesser known sites that may have a better deal.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)