A new hotel booking site was recently launched called Deal Angel. It has an interesting take on how it goes about finding hotels.
According to its website, Deal Angel is the first “hotel find engine” – it helps readers find deals. It not only takes into account a hotel’s rating, location, and other features, but it also looks at a hotel’s particular pricing in the past.
For instance, if a 4-star hotel is normally $50 above the average 4-star rate, but is $25 cheaper for a certain date, Deal Angel will alert you to that hotel and show that it’s a $75 savings over the normal rate.
On the Deal Angel site, you can filter the hotel results by the amount of savings. For example, I searched for a hotel in New Orleans this Labor Day and it showed several different hotels along with the respective savings.
Like other hotel booking sites, you can have all sorts of filters such as the star-ratings, user-ratings, different amenities, and prices. You can also search by area. For instance, above I have Deal Angel show me 4- and 5-star hotels with savings of more than $30 in the Downtown area.
Another cool feature of Deal Angel is that it features a calendar with average rates for each night. Deal Angel has a great color coding system that makes it easy to see which nights are cheaper than others.
As you can see, it’s super cheap to go to New Orleans in August – probably because it’s a million degrees and extremely humid! Other sites offer this same feature, but I think that Deal Angel’s execution is the best I’ve seen yet.
When you finally choose the hotel you want, Deal Angel offers a number of different options to book your room. It supports several popular booking sites such as Hotels.com and Expedia, but it also has lesser known sites that may have a better deal.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95