Today we’re sponsored by AAdvantage®. We’ve put up a couple of our finds, but you have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, or fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- American has teamed up with Klout to offer a free Admirals Club Day Pass to people who have a Klout score of 55 or more. You can check your score via the link.
- American is offering 15 miles per dollar for donations to breast cancer research through May 31.
- The DirecTV promotion for 25,000 AA bonus miles has been extended through July 31.
- Through May 31, book an award ticket to Las Vegas for just 10,000 miles each way on American.
The winner from Thursday’s Deal of the Day is Shi d from RDU with: “Earn up to 10,000 Delta miles by opening a checking account with SunTrust. 5,000 with your first purchase using your debit card, another 5,000 miles after spending $1,000 within three months”. Shi, please email email@example.com so we can get you your luggage tags and FlyerTalk hoodie (pick up your own FlyerTalk swag at the Cafepress FlyerTalk store).
The Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Annual Fee: $65 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: Yes
- Card Type: Hotel
Starpoints are one of the most versatile point currencies and can either be redeemed for hotel stays or airline redemptions. Hotels can be booked for as little as 2,000 points per night, or transferred to one of their 30 airline partners.
For every 20,000 points transferred to select airline partners, members get an additional 5,000 bonus points. This makes the initial sign-up bonus and Starpoints in general worth much more than at first glance.
With a low annual fee of $65, which is waived the first year, this is a great card for generating flexible rewards points.
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus Starpoints®
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card and an additional 15,000 Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,100 hotels & resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates.
- Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges
- Starpoints stay active as long as you continue to spend on your Card.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and Restrictions apply.