Today we’re sponsored by AAdvantage®. We’ve put up a couple of our finds, but you have the opportunity to win 2500 AAdvantage® miles by submitting the best AA Deal of the Day. Scour their website, find a great fare, or fill us in on a great AA promo and you could fatten your AAdvantage® balance by sharing what you found. Just add your “find” to the comments tonight by 11:59pm Eastern. Good Luck and Good Hunting.
- American has teamed up with Klout to offer a free Admirals Club Day Pass to people who have a Klout score of 55 or more. You can check your score via the link.
- American is offering 15 miles per dollar for donations to breast cancer research through May 31.
- The DirecTV promotion for 25,000 AA bonus miles has been extended through July 31.
- Through May 31, book an award ticket to Las Vegas for just 10,000 miles each way on American.
The winner from Thursday’s Deal of the Day is Shi d from RDU with: “Earn up to 10,000 Delta miles by opening a checking account with SunTrust. 5,000 with your first purchase using your debit card, another 5,000 miles after spending $1,000 within three months”. Shi, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you your luggage tags and FlyerTalk hoodie (pick up your own FlyerTalk swag at the Cafepress FlyerTalk store).
The Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Credit Card from American Express is a transfer partner of the AAdvantage® program. Transfer SPG points 1:1 to AAdvantage® and get a bonus 5,000 miles when you transfer 20,000 points.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49