We are going to step out of the travel rewards world for a day and introduce you to a terrific card for cash back purchases.
The Upromise World MasterCard offers multiple bonus categories and deserves your attention now.
Issued by Barclays, this card will be in my wallet soon.
Here are the details:
- Earn $50 cash back with your first purchase
- With eligible online purchases through Upromise, you can earn 5% or more cash back as well as an additional 5% when you use your Upromise World MasterCard
- Earn 4% back at thousands of participating Upromise dining restaurants
- Earn up to 3% cash back on eligible gas purchases at Exxon or Mobile locations
- Earn 2% cash back at eligible movie theaters
- Earn 1% cash back everywhere else
- Earn cash back on every purchase with no caps
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months from account opening. After that, a variable APR, currently 12.99% or 20.99% depending on your creditworthiness.
Intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
Regular APR: 12.99% – 20.99% (variable)
Annual Fee: $0
Credit Needed: Excellent!
Don’t think of Upromise as only a student loan or education savings fund site. You can deposit your cashback into a regular savings account.
I’m going to highlight several categories for you:
- Online shopping through the Upromise portal gives at times over 10% cashback.
- Dining offers 4% from Upromise dining network.
- When we fall below the 4% number to gas, well the PenFed card offers 5% on at the pump purchases, but 3% is nothing to sneeze at.
For those of you buying stuff online with cashback portals, check this one out!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)