While the end of the work week is cause to celebrate, there’s now one more reason: Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders earn an additional 1 point per $1 on dining every first Friday of the month.
It’s not earth shattering, but if you’re one of the many people who plan on buy their lunch and end up going out after work, this is the perfect way to get rewarded for it. To maximize your point earnings even more:
- Sign up for a dining rewards program and register your Sapphire Preferred card to earn up to an additional 5 points per $1 (plus a sign-up bonus ranging from 300-1,500 miles).
- Grab a group of co-worker for lunch and offer to put it on your card.
- If you’re heading out for dinner/drinks after work, repeat step 2.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95