While the end of the work week is cause to celebrate, there’s now one more reason: Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders earn an additional 1 point per $1 on dining every first Friday of the month.
It’s not earth shattering, but if you’re one of the many people who plan on buy their lunch and end up going out after work, this is the perfect way to get rewarded for it. To maximize your point earnings even more:
- Sign up for a dining rewards program and register your Sapphire Preferred card to earn up to an additional 5 points per $1 (plus a sign-up bonus ranging from 300-1,500 miles).
- Grab a group of co-worker for lunch and offer to put it on your card.
- If you’re heading out for dinner/drinks after work, repeat step 2.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases