The days of mattress-run worthy hotel promotions are long gone. Not since Club Carlson’s 50k summer promos has anything been worth writing about. Still, every once in a while a gem comes along, like Ritz Carlton’s current promotion.
Stay twice at a participating Ritz Carlton property between July 1-October 13, 2013 and receive a free night at a Category 1-3 property. Participants must register for the promotion by September 30, 2013, and can earn up to 2 free nights.
The terms define a stay as “consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.” So, no sweet talking the front desk into letting you check in/out without switching rooms. Not that you should try something like that at a Ritz Carlton to begin with!
The terms also state that this is a targeted offer, though “new members who were not previously members of the Marriott Rewards program are eligible to receive this offer.”
The following properties are excluded from this promotion: The Ritz - Carlton, Millennia Singapore; Ritz - Carlton, Montreal; Phulay Bay; Dorado Beach; The Ritz - Carlton Destination Club; The Ritz - Carlton Residences; and partner hotels.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49