Alaska Airlines offers a special discount program for Alaska residents, called Club 49. Membership is free and all Alaska residents are eligible. Benefits include the following:
- 2 annual one-way “Travel Now” discounts for 30% off Full Flex (YAS) fares when flying to, from or within Alaska on Alaska Airlines. Valid for use within 4 days of travel.
- 2 free checked bags for members and up to 7 passengers on the same reservation. Valid only for travel to or from Alaska. Trips involving multiple segments qualify.
- 3 free checked bags when traveling within Alaska. Benefit applies to all travelers on the member’s reservation.
- Advanced notice of weekly fare sales.
- Exclusive travel discounts and bonus mile offers
The annual discounts might come in handy during last minute travel (within 4 days of travel). Currently, new Club 49 members are eligible to earn double miles on all flights through September 3, 2013.
If you’re an Alaska resident interested in joining Club 49, sign up and you’ll have membership for the next 12 months. After that period, the airline will re-validate your eligibility annually and automatically renew your account.
There is no age restriction, though members under 18 must be enrolled by calling Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522.
Are you an Alaska resident? If so, are you enrolled in Club 49? Please share your thoughts, comments, and questions below.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Annual Fee: $65 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: Yes
- Card Type: Hotel
Starpoints are one of the most versatile point currencies and can either be redeemed for hotel stays or airline redemptions. Hotels can be booked for as little as 2,000 points per night, or transferred to one of their 30 airline partners.
For every 20,000 points transferred to select airline partners, members get an additional 5,000 bonus points. This makes the initial sign-up bonus and Starpoints in general worth much more than at first glance.
With a low annual fee of $65, which is waived the first year, this is a great card for generating flexible rewards points.
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus Starpoints®
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card and an additional 15,000 Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,100 hotels & resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates.
- Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges
- Starpoints stay active as long as you continue to spend on your Card.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and Restrictions apply.