Alaska Airlines offers a special discount program for Alaska residents, called Club 49. Membership is free and all Alaska residents are eligible. Benefits include the following:
- 2 annual one-way “Travel Now” discounts for 30% off Full Flex (YAS) fares when flying to, from or within Alaska on Alaska Airlines. Valid for use within 4 days of travel.
- 2 free checked bags for members and up to 7 passengers on the same reservation. Valid only for travel to or from Alaska. Trips involving multiple segments qualify.
- 3 free checked bags when traveling within Alaska. Benefit applies to all travelers on the member’s reservation.
- Advanced notice of weekly fare sales.
- Exclusive travel discounts and bonus mile offers
The annual discounts might come in handy during last minute travel (within 4 days of travel). Currently, new Club 49 members are eligible to earn double miles on all flights through September 3, 2013.
If you’re an Alaska resident interested in joining Club 49, sign up and you’ll have membership for the next 12 months. After that period, the airline will re-validate your eligibility annually and automatically renew your account.
There is no age restriction, though members under 18 must be enrolled by calling Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522.
Are you an Alaska resident? If so, are you enrolled in Club 49? Please share your thoughts, comments, and questions below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95