Alaska Airlines offers a special discount program for Alaska residents, called Club 49. Membership is free and all Alaska residents are eligible. Benefits include the following:
- 2 annual one-way “Travel Now” discounts for 30% off Full Flex (YAS) fares when flying to, from or within Alaska on Alaska Airlines. Valid for use within 4 days of travel.
- 2 free checked bags for members and up to 7 passengers on the same reservation. Valid only for travel to or from Alaska. Trips involving multiple segments qualify.
- 3 free checked bags when traveling within Alaska. Benefit applies to all travelers on the member’s reservation.
- Advanced notice of weekly fare sales.
- Exclusive travel discounts and bonus mile offers
The annual discounts might come in handy during last minute travel (within 4 days of travel). Currently, new Club 49 members are eligible to earn double miles on all flights through September 3, 2013.
If you’re an Alaska resident interested in joining Club 49, sign up and you’ll have membership for the next 12 months. After that period, the airline will re-validate your eligibility annually and automatically renew your account.
There is no age restriction, though members under 18 must be enrolled by calling Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522.
Are you an Alaska resident? If so, are you enrolled in Club 49? Please share your thoughts, comments, and questions below.
Ink Bold® Business Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Business
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from account opening. That\'s $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Direct access to a live service advisor anytime.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs with no transfer fees.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95.