Alaska Airlines offers a special discount program for Alaska residents, called Club 49. Membership is free and all Alaska residents are eligible. Benefits include the following:
- 2 annual one-way “Travel Now” discounts for 30% off Full Flex (YAS) fares when flying to, from or within Alaska on Alaska Airlines. Valid for use within 4 days of travel.
- 2 free checked bags for members and up to 7 passengers on the same reservation. Valid only for travel to or from Alaska. Trips involving multiple segments qualify.
- 3 free checked bags when traveling within Alaska. Benefit applies to all travelers on the member’s reservation.
- Advanced notice of weekly fare sales.
- Exclusive travel discounts and bonus mile offers
The annual discounts might come in handy during last minute travel (within 4 days of travel). Currently, new Club 49 members are eligible to earn double miles on all flights through September 3, 2013.
If you’re an Alaska resident interested in joining Club 49, sign up and you’ll have membership for the next 12 months. After that period, the airline will re-validate your eligibility annually and automatically renew your account.
There is no age restriction, though members under 18 must be enrolled by calling Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522.
Are you an Alaska resident? If so, are you enrolled in Club 49? Please share your thoughts, comments, and questions below.
Ink Bold® Business Charge Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Business
The Ink Bold is a great business card with generous benefits. Not only does this card currently have one of the highest sign-up bonuses on the market, but earning points is easy with generous 2x and 5x payouts in several daily spend categories.
Complimentary annual airport club lounge access makes up for the $95 annual fee, which is waived the first year. Overall, this is an excellent card that can help generate lots of Ultimate Rewards points, which can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio and easily redeemed with partners like United and Hyatt.