Starwood’s Luxury Collection Resorts have been more or less off limits for redemptions – properties like Mystique Santorini require upwards of 140,000 points per night! SPG seems to be loosening up a bit, as they are discounting the following resorts by 35% through March 1, 2014:
- W Retreat and Spa Maldives- Now 58,500 Starpoints a night (previous 90,000)
- Le Meridien Bora Bora- Now 39,000 Starpoints a night (previous 60,000)
- Mystique, Santorini Greece- Now 39,000 Starpoints a night (previous 60,000)
- Al Maha, Dubai, UAE- Now 39,000 Starpoints a night (previous 60,000)
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand- Now 26,000 Starpoints a night (previous 40,000)
- Pine Cliffs Residence, Portugal- Now 26,000 Starpoints a night (previous 40,000)
- Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand- Now 26,000 Starpoints a night (previous 40,000)
If you’ve been eyeing a resort that goes for $1,000+ per night and the only other option has been to shell out 60k+ Starpoints, this promotion is great news! Of course, you should keep in mind that 40,000 Starpoints can be transferred to airlines like American at a 1:1.25 ratio, so you’d essentially be giving up a one-way business class flight to Europe in exchange for a night at Mystique or Le Meridien Bora Bora.
Will you redeem your Starpoints at one of these resorts, now that they have been discounted?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95