Earlier we announced Hyatt’s 1,500 bonus point NYC promotion. If you’re looking to stay outside of the chain, Rocketmiles is offering 1,500 bonus miles for all July hotel bookings. Bookings must be made by 11:59 CT on July 17, 2013 with a check-in on or before July 31, 2013. The 1,500 mile bonus is in addition to the regular mileage payout.
For those unfamiliar with Rocketmiles, read this post for more info about how it works.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you can earn an additional 1,000 miles for using a referral link. Please feel free to use Rick’s link or include your own in the comment section.
If you were considering booking a hotel this month, this might be a good option to look into. Please note, you may or may not earn elite credit/points from your hotel loyalty program. Do some research and figure out what works best for you.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49