The Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa is one of the most rewarding hotel cards out there. Not only does Club Carlson have the most generous rewards program in terms of earning free nights, but cardholders earn an annual 40,000 point bonus, enough for up to four free nights. The card comes with instant Gold Elite status that is maintained as long as the card is held. Those who already have Gold status will instead receive 15 nights towards Concierge status.
Aside from this generous annual bonus, cardholders who book two or more consecutive award nights will get their last night free. This presents a saving of up to 50,000 points per stay, which is particularly generous for 2-night stays, where you are essentially getting a two for one deal.
Cardholders receive 50,000 points after first purchase and an additional 35,000 points after spending $2,500 within 90 days.
Earning payouts are also quite high, at 10 points per dollar spent with Club Carlson and 5 points per dollar spent everywhere else. This makes earning rewards much more attainable.
The advantage of the Business card is that it gives cardholders access to Visa SavingsEdge, which is similar to American Express OPEN Savings. Participants receive discounts of up to 15% with select merchants. The $60 annual fee is not waived, but more than offset by the many generous benefits.
Before you apply for this card, check out Howie’s post on getting approved for Club Carlson cards.
What are your thoughts on the Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa? Do you agree with its placement on our Top 30 list? Please comment below.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)