The Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa is one of the most rewarding hotel cards out there. Not only does Club Carlson have the most generous rewards program in terms of earning free nights, but cardholders earn an annual 40,000 point bonus, enough for up to four free nights. The card comes with instant Gold Elite status that is maintained as long as the card is held. Those who already have Gold status will instead receive 15 nights towards Concierge status.
Aside from this generous annual bonus, cardholders who book two or more consecutive award nights will get their last night free. This presents a saving of up to 50,000 points per stay, which is particularly generous for 2-night stays, where you are essentially getting a two for one deal.
Cardholders receive 50,000 points after first purchase and an additional 35,000 points after spending $2,500 within 90 days.
Earning payouts are also quite high, at 10 points per dollar spent with Club Carlson and 5 points per dollar spent everywhere else. This makes earning rewards much more attainable.
The advantage of the Business card is that it gives cardholders access to Visa SavingsEdge, which is similar to American Express OPEN Savings. Participants receive discounts of up to 15% with select merchants. The $60 annual fee is not waived, but more than offset by the many generous benefits.
Before you apply for this card, check out Howie’s post on getting approved for Club Carlson cards.
What are your thoughts on the Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa? Do you agree with its placement on our Top 30 list? Please comment below.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Annual Fee: $65 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: Yes
- Card Type: Hotel
Starpoints are one of the most versatile point currencies and can either be redeemed for hotel stays or airline redemptions. Hotels can be booked for as little as 2,000 points per night, or transferred to one of their 30 airline partners.
For every 20,000 points transferred to select airline partners, members get an additional 5,000 bonus points. This makes the initial sign-up bonus and Starpoints in general worth much more than at first glance.
With a low annual fee of $65, which is waived the first year, this is a great card for generating flexible rewards points.
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus Starpoints®
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card and an additional 15,000 Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,100 hotels & resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates.
- Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges
- Starpoints stay active as long as you continue to spend on your Card.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and Restrictions apply.