The Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa is one of the most rewarding hotel cards out there. Not only does Club Carlson have the most generous rewards program in terms of earning free nights, but cardholders earn an annual 40,000 point bonus, enough for up to four free nights. The card comes with instant Gold Elite status that is maintained as long as the card is held. Those who already have Gold status will instead receive 15 nights towards Concierge status.
Aside from this generous annual bonus, cardholders who book two or more consecutive award nights will get their last night free. This presents a saving of up to 50,000 points per stay, which is particularly generous for 2-night stays, where you are essentially getting a two for one deal.
Cardholders receive 50,000 points after first purchase and an additional 35,000 points after spending $2,500 within 90 days.
Earning payouts are also quite high, at 10 points per dollar spent with Club Carlson and 5 points per dollar spent everywhere else. This makes earning rewards much more attainable.
The advantage of the Business card is that it gives cardholders access to Visa SavingsEdge, which is similar to American Express OPEN Savings. Participants receive discounts of up to 15% with select merchants. The $60 annual fee is not waived, but more than offset by the many generous benefits.
Before you apply for this card, check out Howie’s post on getting approved for Club Carlson cards.
What are your thoughts on the Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa? Do you agree with its placement on our Top 30 list? Please comment below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95