The Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa is one of the most rewarding hotel cards out there. Not only does Club Carlson have the most generous rewards program in terms of earning free nights, but cardholders earn an annual 40,000 point bonus, enough for up to four free nights. The card comes with instant Gold Elite status that is maintained as long as the card is held. Those who already have Gold status will instead receive 15 nights towards Concierge status.
Aside from this generous annual bonus, cardholders who book two or more consecutive award nights will get their last night free. This presents a saving of up to 50,000 points per stay, which is particularly generous for 2-night stays, where you are essentially getting a two for one deal.
Cardholders receive 50,000 points after first purchase and an additional 35,000 points after spending $2,500 within 90 days.
Earning payouts are also quite high, at 10 points per dollar spent with Club Carlson and 5 points per dollar spent everywhere else. This makes earning rewards much more attainable.
The advantage of the Business card is that it gives cardholders access to Visa SavingsEdge, which is similar to American Express OPEN Savings. Participants receive discounts of up to 15% with select merchants. The $60 annual fee is not waived, but more than offset by the many generous benefits.
Before you apply for this card, check out Howie’s post on getting approved for Club Carlson cards.
What are your thoughts on the Club Carlson Business Rewards Visa? Do you agree with its placement on our Top 30 list? Please comment below.
Ink Bold® Business Charge Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Business
The Ink Bold is a great business card with generous benefits. Not only does this card currently have one of the highest sign-up bonuses on the market, but earning points is easy with generous 2x and 5x payouts in several daily spend categories.
Complimentary annual airport club lounge access makes up for the $95 annual fee, which is waived the first year. Overall, this is an excellent card that can help generate lots of Ultimate Rewards points, which can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio and easily redeemed with partners like United and Hyatt.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Direct access to a live service advisor anytime.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs with no transfer fees.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95.