With recent questions about whether high sign-up bonuses are going away, some folks are wondering what the highest current sign-up bonuses are. Below is a list of the five currently highest sign-up bonuses in the airline and bank rewards category:
1. Ink Plus (55,000 points total). After meeting $5,000 in spending requirements within three months, cardholders end up with a total of 55,000 points.
2. Ink Bold (55,000 total). The Ink Bold is considered a different product from the Plus, so the features of the card are the same. The only difference is that the Ink Bold is a charge card and thus does not allow you to carry a balance.
3. Business Gold Rewards card from American Express OPEN (30,000 total). The Business Gold rewards card comes with a 25,000 point sign-up bonus after $5,000 spent within three months, which brings the grand total to 30,000 points.
4. United MileagePlus Explorer card (55,000 total). The public offer comes with a total of 36,000 points after the $1,000 spending requirement is met within three months and an authorized user is added to the account. However, there is a higher offer on FyerTalk that brings in a total of 55,000 points. A great perk is the ability to earn an additional 10,000 points each year you spend at least $25,000 on the card.
5. Citi Platinum Select/AAdvantage MasterCard (53,000 total). The publicly available offer for the MasterCard and Visa versions is 30,000 miles after $1,000 spent within three months. However, a targeted offer on FlyerTalk offers 50,000 points after $3,000 spent within three months, bringing the grand total to 53,000 points..
There you have it – the current top 5 bank reward and airline mile credit card sign-up bonuses. Combined, they result in 273,000 points and miles. If you’re in the market for a new credit card, hopefully this list is helpful. For more card recommendations, check out our Top 30 list.
Ink Plus® Business Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Business
Ink Plus is a great business card with generous benefits. Not only does this card currently have one of the highest sign-up bonuses on the market, but earning points is easy with generous 2x and 5x payouts in several daily spend categories.
Complimentary annual airport club lounge access makes up for the $95 annual fee, which is waived the first year. Overall, this is an excellent card that can help generate lots of Ultimate Rewards points, which can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio and easily redeemed with partners like United and Hyatt.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Flexibility to pay your balance over time or in full
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services
- Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs with no transfer fees
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95.