If you already have a British Airways Executive Club account, you’ve just been shorted 5,500 Avios. The carrier is offer 5,500 Avios for new account members who sign up today and credit a BA or OpenSkies flight to their accounts by October 31, 2013. Flights from the past three months (counting back from October 31) are eligible. Keep in mind that today is the deadline to sign up for an account, using this promotion.
If 5,500 Avios seems lowly, it’s not. With BA’s distance-based award chart, points can go a long way. For example, flights within 600 miles require just 4,500 points each way. These awards are especially great for last-minute flights on American Airlines, saving you a $75 booking fee and 7,500 AA points each way.
If you’ve flown BA or OpenSkies in the past three months and don’t yet have an Executive Club account, this is a no-brainer. If you’ve already signed up for an account and claimed your miles, it doesn’t hurt to send them an email and see if they’ll credit the bonus miles.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49