If you already have a British Airways Executive Club account, you’ve just been shorted 5,500 Avios. The carrier is offer 5,500 Avios for new account members who sign up today and credit a BA or OpenSkies flight to their accounts by October 31, 2013. Flights from the past three months (counting back from October 31) are eligible. Keep in mind that today is the deadline to sign up for an account, using this promotion.
If 5,500 Avios seems lowly, it’s not. With BA’s distance-based award chart, points can go a long way. For example, flights within 600 miles require just 4,500 points each way. These awards are especially great for last-minute flights on American Airlines, saving you a $75 booking fee and 7,500 AA points each way.
If you’ve flown BA or OpenSkies in the past three months and don’t yet have an Executive Club account, this is a no-brainer. If you’ve already signed up for an account and claimed your miles, it doesn’t hurt to send them an email and see if they’ll credit the bonus miles.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)