If you already have a British Airways Executive Club account, you’ve just been shorted 5,500 Avios. The carrier is offer 5,500 Avios for new account members who sign up today and credit a BA or OpenSkies flight to their accounts by October 31, 2013. Flights from the past three months (counting back from October 31) are eligible. Keep in mind that today is the deadline to sign up for an account, using this promotion.
If 5,500 Avios seems lowly, it’s not. With BA’s distance-based award chart, points can go a long way. For example, flights within 600 miles require just 4,500 points each way. These awards are especially great for last-minute flights on American Airlines, saving you a $75 booking fee and 7,500 AA points each way.
If you’ve flown BA or OpenSkies in the past three months and don’t yet have an Executive Club account, this is a no-brainer. If you’ve already signed up for an account and claimed your miles, it doesn’t hurt to send them an email and see if they’ll credit the bonus miles.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95