It’s the first Friday of the month and while every Friday is something to be excited about, today it’s even better: Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders get 3 points per dollar spent on dining. This is one point more than the usual bonus, but it’s great when you stack it with a dining program bonus, which will earn you up to 8 additional points per dollar spent.
Another thing folks like to do is to stock up on giftcards at their favorite restaurants, to be used at a later time. Either way, one extra point is always a nice bonus. Now go see if you can coerce your co-workers, friends, or family into going to dinner and letting you pay with your card (and having them reimburse you, of course). Happy Friday all!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value - that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95