Choice Hotels has just announced 30% off on hotel stays through December 31, 2013. These stays must be booked by November 3, 2013 in order to qualify.
To book this rate, simply head over to the Choice Hotels website, enter the date and location, then select the 30% off rate from the drop-down next to “Find Hotels.” Keep in mind that you’ll have to book at least three days in advance and your credit card will be charged for the entire stay within 24-48 hours of booking.
If you’ve already booked a nonrefundable rate, it doesn’t hurt to call the hotel and see if they’ll let you rebook.
Giveaway Winner Announced!
Thanks to all who participated in last week’s giveaway. The winner of the two United Club Lounge passes is Useyourmentality. Please email us your mailing information and we’ll send those passes out to you asap.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Annual Fee: $65 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: Yes
- Card Type: Hotel
Starpoints are one of the most versatile point currencies and can either be redeemed for hotel stays or airline redemptions. Hotels can be booked for as little as 2,000 points per night, or transferred to one of their 30 airline partners.
For every 20,000 points transferred to select airline partners, members get an additional 5,000 bonus points. This makes the initial sign-up bonus and Starpoints in general worth much more than at first glance.
With a low annual fee of $65, which is waived the first year, this is a great card for generating flexible rewards points.
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus Starpoints®
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card and an additional 15,000 Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,100 hotels & resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates.
- Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges
- Starpoints stay active as long as you continue to spend on your Card.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and Restrictions apply.