Choice Hotels has just announced 30% off on hotel stays through December 31, 2013. These stays must be booked by November 3, 2013 in order to qualify.
To book this rate, simply head over to the Choice Hotels website, enter the date and location, then select the 30% off rate from the drop-down next to “Find Hotels.” Keep in mind that you’ll have to book at least three days in advance and your credit card will be charged for the entire stay within 24-48 hours of booking.
If you’ve already booked a nonrefundable rate, it doesn’t hurt to call the hotel and see if they’ll let you rebook.
Giveaway Winner Announced!
Thanks to all who participated in last week’s giveaway. The winner of the two United Club Lounge passes is Useyourmentality. Please email us your mailing information and we’ll send those passes out to you asap.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49