MyPoints is offering 1,500 MileagePlus miles when you join and spend $25 within the first 30 days. If you don’t meet the $25 spending requirement, you still earn 500 miles.
If your’e unfamiliar with MyPoints, it’s a shopping portal much like the ones offered by the major airlines. You simply click through their links to shop at major retailers and earn bonus points for doing so. They partner with many popular online merchants and offer you a chance to earn points by taking surveys and clicking on email ads. Points can be redeemed for Marriott gift cards, MileagePlus miles, and hundreds of other merchant gift cards.
Redemptions start at as little as 1,600 points for a $10 gift card from merchants like Foot Locker, Old Navy, and others.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95