Warning: This game is extremely addictive. LaQuinta is doing what Club Carlson did successfully a year ago – trying to get people hooked on their loyalty program, but they’ve gone about it in an interesting way by exploiting the capacity for human addiction to games. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Play & Stay page.
- Click “Spin” and start playing the virtual slot machine. By play, I mean just keep hitting “spin.”
- Connect your Facebook account and sign up for the La Quinta rewards program to claim your winnings.
- You can earn additional spins by referring friends, liking La Quinta on Facebook, and following them on Twitter.
You can win La Quitna points, additional spins, tokens that essentially increase your spins, free nights, and more. I initially dismissed this, as I don’t anticipate staying at a La Quinta anytime soon, but this game is highly addictive and I’ve already earned 3,000 points by playing it for the past two days.
La Quinta Returns offers free night redemptions starting at just 6,000 points, so you can definitely earn a few free nights by playing this game through January 31, 2014. Sign up your family members and get them to play this for a few minutes a day – it’s a fun distraction and more productive than playing World of Warcraft. And thankfully your spins are limited, otherwise I would be doing this all day long.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95