Warning: This game is extremely addictive. LaQuinta is doing what Club Carlson did successfully a year ago – trying to get people hooked on their loyalty program, but they’ve gone about it in an interesting way by exploiting the capacity for human addiction to games. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Play & Stay page.
- Click “Spin” and start playing the virtual slot machine. By play, I mean just keep hitting “spin.”
- Connect your Facebook account and sign up for the La Quinta rewards program to claim your winnings.
- You can earn additional spins by referring friends, liking La Quinta on Facebook, and following them on Twitter.
You can win La Quitna points, additional spins, tokens that essentially increase your spins, free nights, and more. I initially dismissed this, as I don’t anticipate staying at a La Quinta anytime soon, but this game is highly addictive and I’ve already earned 3,000 points by playing it for the past two days.
La Quinta Returns offers free night redemptions starting at just 6,000 points, so you can definitely earn a few free nights by playing this game through January 31, 2014. Sign up your family members and get them to play this for a few minutes a day – it’s a fun distraction and more productive than playing World of Warcraft. And thankfully your spins are limited, otherwise I would be doing this all day long.
Ink Plus® Business Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Business
Ink Plus is a great business card with generous benefits. Not only does this card currently have one of the highest sign-up bonuses on the market, but earning points is easy with generous 2x and 5x payouts in several daily spend categories.
Complimentary annual airport club lounge access makes up for the $95 annual fee, which is waived the first year. Overall, this is an excellent card that can help generate lots of Ultimate Rewards points, which can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio and easily redeemed with partners like United and Hyatt.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Flexibility to pay your balance over time or in full
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services
- Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs with no transfer fees
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95.