Warning: This game is extremely addictive. LaQuinta is doing what Club Carlson did successfully a year ago – trying to get people hooked on their loyalty program, but they’ve gone about it in an interesting way by exploiting the capacity for human addiction to games. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Play & Stay page.
- Click “Spin” and start playing the virtual slot machine. By play, I mean just keep hitting “spin.”
- Connect your Facebook account and sign up for the La Quinta rewards program to claim your winnings.
- You can earn additional spins by referring friends, liking La Quinta on Facebook, and following them on Twitter.
You can win La Quitna points, additional spins, tokens that essentially increase your spins, free nights, and more. I initially dismissed this, as I don’t anticipate staying at a La Quinta anytime soon, but this game is highly addictive and I’ve already earned 3,000 points by playing it for the past two days.
La Quinta Returns offers free night redemptions starting at just 6,000 points, so you can definitely earn a few free nights by playing this game through January 31, 2014. Sign up your family members and get them to play this for a few minutes a day – it’s a fun distraction and more productive than playing World of Warcraft. And thankfully your spins are limited, otherwise I would be doing this all day long.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Annual Fee: $65 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: Yes
- Card Type: Hotel
Starpoints are one of the most versatile point currencies and can either be redeemed for hotel stays or airline redemptions. Hotels can be booked for as little as 2,000 points per night, or transferred to one of their 30 airline partners.
For every 20,000 points transferred to select airline partners, members get an additional 5,000 bonus points. This makes the initial sign-up bonus and Starpoints in general worth much more than at first glance.
With a low annual fee of $65, which is waived the first year, this is a great card for generating flexible rewards points.
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus Starpoints®
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card and an additional 15,000 Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,100 hotels & resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights - all with no blackout dates.
- Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges
- Starpoints stay active as long as you continue to spend on your Card.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and Restrictions apply.