Warning: This game is extremely addictive. LaQuinta is doing what Club Carlson did successfully a year ago – trying to get people hooked on their loyalty program, but they’ve gone about it in an interesting way by exploiting the capacity for human addiction to games. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Play & Stay page.
- Click “Spin” and start playing the virtual slot machine. By play, I mean just keep hitting “spin.”
- Connect your Facebook account and sign up for the La Quinta rewards program to claim your winnings.
- You can earn additional spins by referring friends, liking La Quinta on Facebook, and following them on Twitter.
You can win La Quitna points, additional spins, tokens that essentially increase your spins, free nights, and more. I initially dismissed this, as I don’t anticipate staying at a La Quinta anytime soon, but this game is highly addictive and I’ve already earned 3,000 points by playing it for the past two days.
La Quinta Returns offers free night redemptions starting at just 6,000 points, so you can definitely earn a few free nights by playing this game through January 31, 2014. Sign up your family members and get them to play this for a few minutes a day – it’s a fun distraction and more productive than playing World of Warcraft. And thankfully your spins are limited, otherwise I would be doing this all day long.
Ink Plus® Business Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Business
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Flexibility to pay your balance over time or in full.
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.
- Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel each account anniversary year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs
- Chip-enabled for enhanced security at home and abroad
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95.