And they say mega deals are dead. According to FlyerTalk, there is currently a Citi AAdvantage World MasterCard with a 100,000 mile sign-up bonus after $10,000 spent within 3 months. This version is said to be targeted, though it’s worth trying the link even if you didn’t receive an email for it.
The card does have a $450 annual fee, but cardholders will receive a $1 statement credit per $1 spent – up to $200. So are 100,000 miles worth $250? Absolutely. This is already enough miles for a roundtrip business class flight to Europe or four domestic economy flights.
Normally the sign-up bonus is just 30,000 miles, so this is a terrific deal.
Have questions about this or other topics? Please leave a comment or email us.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95