And they say mega deals are dead. According to FlyerTalk, there is currently a Citi AAdvantage World MasterCard with a 100,000 mile sign-up bonus after $10,000 spent within 3 months. This version is said to be targeted, though it’s worth trying the link even if you didn’t receive an email for it.
The card does have a $450 annual fee, but cardholders will receive a $1 statement credit per $1 spent – up to $200. So are 100,000 miles worth $250? Absolutely. This is already enough miles for a roundtrip business class flight to Europe or four domestic economy flights.
Normally the sign-up bonus is just 30,000 miles, so this is a terrific deal.
Have questions about this or other topics? Please leave a comment or email us.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)